Monday, August 29, 2016

Hanging on His every word 8/29/16

 
 
 It's such a common part of life, to have upcoming events that we look forward to. A vacation, promotion, special ceremony or some other special celebration. We sort of live our lives from event to event. These milestones give us something to look forward to, to strive for. In most cases, during our life, they never end; there is always something off in the distance that we are waiting to see, experience or attend.
Psalm 130:5
I wait for the Lord, my soul waits,
and in his word I hope. . . .
When I read this passage, it goes beyond this physical realm. It's the quintessential moments of my life...On a daily basis this applies as I petition Him for myself and others. On a grander scale, I trust that the Lord knows every detail of what will unfold and when. He sees everything down the road and at the end of the road. What better hope could I have but that of the Almighty, Omnsicient God that goes before me in all things. One fine day, He will come to collect me and eternity will be mine with the Lord.
In a few days is the anniversary of my Mothers death. It's not exactly something I look forward to on the calendar but none the less, it's an observance. I was so fortunate and blessed to have a Mother so deeply devoted to God, who prayed for me, from the moment she knew of me until the moment she left this earth! She waited for the Lord, and in His word was her hope. I know that her hope was for her five children to Love and Serve the Lord, to walk in righteousness and to prosper in every area of life. I am so glad for strong faith and a close relationship with the Lord. I continually pray for my siblings, knowing and trusting in God's timing for them. 
This is God's hope for us, too. He left so many wonderful words of encouragement for us. He has given us so much to cling to. If we would only cleave to His word for the immutable promises and wonderful legacy that awaits us. I pray that every ear can discern and that every eye is opened to the Goodness of the Lord.
I look forward to everything that God wants for me. I agree totally with His word! I trust that He prepares me for everything that is assigned to me in this life. He is my Hope and all other things are just stepping stones on that path. Lord, allow me to maintain total 'AWE" of You, every day of my life. AMEN!

 
 Isaiah 40:31

But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.

Psalm 27:13-14

I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living! Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

Lamentations 3:25

The Lord is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him.

James 5:7-8

Be patient, therefore, brothers, until the coming of the Lord. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, being patient about it, until it receives the early and the late rains. You also, be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand.

2 Peter 3:9

The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.

Isaiah 30:18

Therefore the Lord waits to be gracious to you, and therefore he exalts himself to show mercy to you. For the Lord is a God of justice; blessed are all those who wait for him.

Romans 5:3-4

More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope,

Psalm 33:20-22

Our soul waits for the Lord; he is our help and our shield. For our heart is glad in him, because we trust in his holy name. Let your steadfast love, O Lord, be upon us, even as we hope in you.

James 5:11

Behold, we consider those blessed who remained steadfast. You have heard of the steadfastness of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, how the Lord is compassionate and merciful.

Psalm 130:5-6

I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I hope; my soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning, more than watchmen for the morning.

Psalm 27:14

Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!

Psalm 37:34

Wait for the Lord and keep his way, and he will exalt you to inherit the land; you will look on when the wicked are cut off.

Micah 7:7

But as for me, I will look to the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation; my God will hear me.

Psalm 62:5

For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him.

Psalm 40:1-17

To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David. I waited patiently for the Lord; he inclined to me and heard my cry. He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure. He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the Lord. Blessed is the man who makes the Lord his trust, who does not turn to the proud, to those who go astray after a lie! You have multiplied, O Lord my God, your wondrous deeds and your thoughts toward us; none can compare with you! I will proclaim and tell of them, yet they are more than can be told. ...


Isaiah 64:4

From of old no one has heard or perceived by the ear, no eye has seen a God besides you, who acts for those who wait for him.

Colossians 1:11

May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy,

Matthew 6:34

“Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

Psalm 27:1-14

Of David. The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? When evildoers assail me to eat up my flesh, my adversaries and foes, it is they who stumble and fall. Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war arise against me, yet I will be confident. One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in his temple. For he will hide me in his shelter in the day of trouble; he will conceal me under the cover of his tent; he will lift me high upon a rock. ...

Psalm 25:4-5

Make me to know your ways, O Lord; teach me your paths. Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all the day long.

Psalm 37:9

For the evildoers shall be cut off, but those who wait for the Lord shall inherit the land.

Romans 8:18

For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.

Psalm 37:7

Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; fret not yourself over the one who prospers in his way, over the man who carries out evil devices!


1 Peter 1:22-25

Having purified your souls by your obedience to the truth for a sincere brotherly love, love one another earnestly from a pure heart, since you have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through theliving and abiding word of God; for “All flesh is like grass and all its glory like the flower of grass. The grass withers, and the flower falls, but the word of the Lord remains forever.” And this word is the good news that was preached to you.

Psalm 62:1

To the choirmaster: according to Jeduthun. A Psalm of David. For God alone my soul waits in silence; from him comes my salvation.

Philippians 1:6

And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.

Psalm 123:1-2

A Song of Ascents. To you I lift up my eyes, O you who are enthroned in the heavens! Behold, as the eyes of servants look to the hand of their master, as the eyes of a maidservant to the hand of her mistress, so our eyes look to the Lord our God, till he has mercy upon us.

John 5:6

When Jesus saw him lying there and knew that he had already been there a long time, he said to him, “Do you want to be healed?”

1 Kings 2:3

And keep the charge of the Lord your God, walking in his ways and keeping his statutes, his commandments, his rules, and his testimonies, as it is written in the Law of Moses, that you may prosper in all that you do and wherever you turn,

Acts 1:4

And while staying with them he ordered them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the promise of the Father, which, he said, “you heard from me;

Psalm 119:48

I will lift up my hands toward your commandments, which I love, and I will meditate on your statutes.

Psalm 37:3

Trust in the Lord, and do good; dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness.

1 John 4:4

Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.

Proverbs 20:22

Do not say, “I will repay evil”; wait for the Lord, and he will deliver you.

Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.

 

The post Hanging on His every word 8/29/16 appeared first on The Monday Morning Message.



from WordPress http://ift.tt/2bMsqwJ
via IFTTT