Monday, December 21, 2015

The Anatomy of Prayer 12/21/15



ANATOMY OF PRAYER

Supplication
The request or need, no matter how small or large
Ephesians 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

1Timothy 2:1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;

Intercession
  The expressing of the supplication on behalf of another, a shared burden
 the spirit of empathy poured out for the welfare and desired outcome that is needed or desired

Mathew 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name,
 there am I in the midst of them.
Mediator
Jesus Christ our Lord, the one through whom every request is carried and therefore granted. 

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

 Thankfulness
The condition or state of gratitude by which a believe offer thankfulness knowing before the supplication is even uttered that God can and only will do what is the Very Best. 

Ephesians 5:20  Giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,

Philippians 4:6  Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

 
 Praise
That sweet offering of acknowledgement to His holyness from a place of humble honor
delighting in His majesty and causing Him to delight in us

Psalm 27

A Prayer of Praise[a]

27 The Lord is my light and my salvation;
    I will fear no one.
The Lord protects me from all danger;
    I will never be afraid.

When evil people attack me and try to kill me,
    they stumble and fall.
Even if a whole army surrounds me,
    I will not be afraid;
even if enemies attack me,
    I will still trust God.[b]

I have asked the Lord for one thing;
    one thing only do I want:
to live in the Lord's house all my life,
    to marvel there at his goodness,
    and to ask for his guidance.
In times of trouble he will shelter me;
    he will keep me safe in his Temple
    and make me secure on a high rock.
So I will triumph over my enemies around me.
    With shouts of joy I will offer sacrifices in his Temple;
    I will sing, I will praise the Lord.

Hear me, Lord, when I call to you!
    Be merciful and answer me!
When you said, “Come worship me,”
I answered, “I will come, Lord.”
    Don't hide yourself from me!
Don't be angry with me;
    don't turn your servant away.
You have been my help;
    don't leave me, don't abandon me,
    O God, my savior.
10 My father and mother may abandon me,
    but the Lord will take care of me.

11 Teach me, Lord, what you want me to do,
    and lead me along a safe path,
    because I have many enemies.
12 Don't abandon me to my enemies,
    who attack me with lies and threats.

13 I know that I will live to see
    the Lord's goodness in this present life.
14 Trust in the Lord.
    Have faith, do not despair.
Trust in the Lord.







*´¨) ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Susan SMZ3D.com ت smz ™ © ®