Monday, January 27, 2014

Offer It Up - 1-27-14

OFFER IT UP



Sometimes in life, we get so caught up in getting our own needs met, our OWN prayers answered, that it must truly test the patience of God. His Holy word states that we were created and exist for a purpose (yet sin has gotten in the way) it has effectively all but eliminated praise from the lips of mankind and it is the heart that reflects the content of the soul. Lip service is not what He seeks, but rather a humble and contrite heart. Only once we surrender our own agenda can we acknowledge His Ultimate Dominion, Great Mercy, Perfect Justice, Divine Order and Supreme Solemnity!

Romans 2:29

But a Jew is one inwardly, and circumcision is a matter of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter. His praise is not from man but from God.

Did you know that it was Lucifer’s job (before he fell from grace Luke 10:18) to worship and praise God?!  It makes sense because he works feverishly against all forms of praise in man kind, his ultimate mission is to prevent us from doing so. He is jealous, wicked and he conspires ways to make humans believe that everything wrong in this world is somehow God’s fault. If he can rob us of that praise he can also deter us from that close communion with the Lord. Incidentally, Praise (and resisting sin) is the most effective way to get Satan to flee (he hates praise) There is great Power and Promise in PRAISE!

 Romans 12:21 "Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good." \
 Hebrews 13:15 says, “Through Him then let us offer up a sacrifice of praise continually to God, that is, the fruit of lips confessing His name.”

What is the meaning of a sacrifice, its an offering, its associated with loss, not from having been stolen but rather from having been surrendered. Next time you are in pain or personal hardship, PRAISE GOD for it, make it count for something! I now understand why when I was a little girl my Mother often said to me, "offer it up Susan"; she would say this whenever I was hurting over something, a disappointment, a small injury or even a simple headache. We should offer up our trials and hardships and that truly is the time when we need to be praising God to invoke His mercy, His presence and power. I have lived out that scenario time and time again. I now know the weight and power that is held in that sanctification, it’s a bitter pill but sometimes God only knows the equity of those sacrifices, (we only need to know that our little bit gets amplified making our natural contribution into a supernatural increase with power untold!

I am reminded of an event from my late twenties. I had fallen and dislocated my shoulder, some of the medical tests un-covered a mass in the neck/head region. I have a brother who suffered from a similar mass when I was in my late teens. Naturally, at first I was devastated to hear this and certainly scared of what could occur. His surgery had been wrought with complications. God brought a skilled Surgeon my way, through the loving attention of my Oldest Brother who asked around, seeking the best qualified individual, being that our family seemed to be targeted by this strange anomaly. I say that, because we both had two (2) instances of this RARE type of tumor, and we are both still very much alive & shall remain so, until our work here, on this earth, is through. Before I get lost in my own story, let me share with you what happened one night. I was wheeled down for post operative tests, I was brought down on my gurney and parked outside of one of the operating rooms. In my current state of dissatisfaction, all I could do was sit and stew. I turned my head and happened to glance over at this rather large metal barred crib, I could see a lot of machines and tubes hooked up to a tiny little bundle which seemed lost in that makeshift cage, looking crib. I asked the nurse who passed by, what’s wrong with that baby? She turned to me and quietly whispered; “We need to pray for that baby, he is very sick, he was born with a hole in his heart and he’s struggling to survive, you’ll both be in surgery tomorrow”. She was quickly called away again and I remember laying there, watching him as my tears flowed like a river. I didn’t make a sound, silent streams from what seemed like an endless river. In that instant, I was so humbled, my heart was bursting with compassion & concern!  I said to myself, “Here I have lived a good life, family that loves me, many happy memories and life experience to help me cope with what was happening.” I couldn’t imagine this little baby in so much pain and nothing to draw on for comfort or support. I made a deal with God that moment; as if I was in control (LOL) I said, “ Lord, I promise, I will face whatever outcome and not complain at all, if you will just save that baby!” I surrendered every ounce of my pain, fear, personal disappointment, all of it! The only confirmation I have ever received about that baby’s recovery was through my own! I was, what they have called, a medical miracle, having had the largest known type of this kind of tumor. The surgeon & doctors remarked at the incredible and almost unbelievable fact that I suffered no permanent effects other than a thin scar.  I had some muscle shock and paralysis which eventually lifted, as I healed. I just knew in my spirit, that baby, just hours old, already had accomplished so much, I just knew that God healed him too!

Heavenly Father, How magnificent is thy name in all the earth and Heaven above?! Praise and glory are rightfully Yours, it is the good pleasure of your servant to honor and acknowledge You. Thank you Lord for Your patience and love for us, that You continually guide and direct all things to Your will and way. To fully know You is to implicitly trust You, Our sovereign and Mighty Lord, let us harness this deliberate, definite & direct PRAISE to You for WORTHY ARE YOU Oh Lord! Help us to discover more ways to truly Praise and worship You, in words, in action, obedience and surrender! AMEN!


*´¨)
 ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Susan SMZ3D  ت smz ™ © ®


NOW on Podcast!
http://www.spreaker.com/show/the_monday_message_by_susanmarie_z


The Monday Message Blog
www.TheMondayMorningMessage.com


The Monday Message of FB
https://www.facebook.com/MondayMorningMessage


The Eternal Body Of Christ on FB
https://www.facebook.com/TheEternalBodyOfChrist


Romans 14:11
For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

Philippians 2:9-11
Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Psalm 148
1 Praise ye the LORD. Praise ye the LORD from the heavens: praise him in the heights. 2 Praiseye him, all his angels: praise ye him, all his hosts. 3 Praise ye him, sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars of light. 4 Praise him, ye heavens of heavens, and ye waters that be above the heavens.5 Let them praise the name of the LORD: for he commanded , and they were created . 6 He hath also stablished them for ever and ever: he hath made a decree which shall not pass . 7 Praise theLORD from the earth, ye dragons, and all deeps: 8 Fire, and hail; snow, and vapour; stormy windfulfilling his word: 9 Mountains, and all hills; fruitful trees, and all cedars: 10 Beasts, and all cattle;creeping things, and flying fowl: 11 Kings of the earth, and all people; princes, and all judges of the earth: 12 Both young men, and maidens; old men, and children: 13 Let them praise the nameof the LORD: for his name alone is excellent ; his glory is above the earth and heaven. 14 He alsoexalteth the horn of his people, the praise of all his saints; even of the children of Israel, a peoplenear unto him. Praise ye the LORD.
 
John 4:23-24

 23But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
 24God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

I Timothy 1:17
Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, to God who alone is wise, be honor and
glory forever and ever. Ame

Revelation 4:11
"You are worthy, O Lord, To receive glory and honor and power; For You created all things, And by Your will they exist and were created.

Psalm 95:6-7
(6) O come, let us worship and bow down,
let us kneel before the LORD, our Maker!
(7) For he is our God, and we are the people of his pasture,
and the sheep of his hand.
O that today you would listen to his voice!